Being in a relationship is like riding a bike, there must be balance or else you fall apart. Falling in love is easy, but keeping it up by being in a committed relationship might seem difficult at times. Every couple should have some goals for a relationship. Every relationship has a good phase as well as a bad phase. It’s the good times that make you wanna stay together and it is the bad times that tell you whether you should stay together or not.
Often people say that relationships in earlier times were much stronger than those that are now. It is because earlier people believed in fixing what is broken not throwing it away and getting a new one. Here are a few relationship goals that will help you strive through the difficult times and strengthen your bond.
What is Relationship Goals?
- 1 What is Relationship Goals?
- 2 How To Set Relationship Goals For a Healthy Relationship
- 3 List of Relationship Goals
- 4 Best Relationship Goals Quotes
- 5 Why it is Important To Set Relationship Goals?
- 6 Conclusion
Having relationship goals does not mean doing cute things for your loved one and then posting a picture on social media with #relationshipgoals. There is no harm in making your better half feel special and being open about it on social sites, but what makes a relationship actually work is the way people are in real lives not on virtual platforms. In short, relationship goals means what you actually expect from your relationship and partner.
How To Set Relationship Goals For a Healthy Relationship
Having a relationship goal means both of you are willing to do anything to make it work. It defines your dedication and loyalty towards each other as well as towards the bond that you guys share. Your goals should not be based on what other people perceive about you or how the world thinks it should work. They should be based on how both the people having a relationship want to make it work.
List of Relationship Goals
The first and foremost thing while deciding to set some relationship goals is commitment. Setting goals is for the sole purpose of making it work in the long run, which requires patience, dedication, and sheer COMMITMENT. Here is a list of few amazing goals that will help you understand each other in a better manner.
Romantic Relationship Goals
- The duration that you guys have been together is not important. Don’t stop making each other feel special with all those little things that you did in the beginning.
- Surprise him/her often. Don’t do it too often or it may take the charm away. Keep it simple yet surprising.
- Don’t be afraid to express your affection and love towards them in public. Show confidence in your bond and let everybody know you are taken.
- Avoid worrying about other people when you are around him/her. He/she should be the center of your attraction always.
- Money surely can’t buy happiness but it can buy things that will make your partner happy.
- Understand his/her need prior to him/her telling you. develop that magical communication where you know what the person is thinking just by looking at them.
- Be a little extra at times. If he/she asks you to order food, don’t just order a single dish. Order accompaniments with it that he/she did not even ask for.
- Do their work for them whenever possible. Try to lighten their burden.
- Be supportive at all times no matter what. You must know that the building blocks to a good relationship are trust and loyalty.
- Even if you think he/she is wrong at a point of time, don’t bring it up in public. Be on their side in front of everyone and then make them learn the difference in solitude.
Cute Relationship Goals
- Buy the same clothes and confidently wear them in public. Be the partner that does cute twinning stuff. You could also do the same with phone covers and keychains.
- Kiss him/her when no one is watching. Kiss him/her, even more, when everybody is watching. Let the world know this person belongs to you.
- Bring him/her coffee or food at his/her workplace. Go unannounced and surprise him/her.
- Order their favorite food whenever you guys go to grab lunch or dinner. Also when deciding where to go, offer all his/her favorite places first.
- Remember all the dates, even if it as silly as remembering the day you both went to grab a coffee for the first time. It makes your better half feel that he/she is appreciated.
- Say all those cheesy lines you hear in movies. Channelize your inner lover at the most abrupt times.
- Be vocal about his/her looks. Help him/her get dressed for a special event and keep constantly telling him/her that you love him/her.
- Always keep him/her first on your priority list. Cancel out anything that comes in the way of your pre-planned shenanigans.
- Whenever you upset him/her, get his/her favorite food instantly and apologize very sweetly. You could also apologize by taking him/her out.
- Ask him/her is he/she has taken his/her meal. When not in town, don’t forget to video call at least once a day and tell him/her how much you miss and love him/her.
Freaky Relationship Goals
- Hug him/her from behind when he/she isn’t noticing. Hugs and cuddles can suppress almost all arguments.
- Don’t kiss him/her like a child. Passionate kisses are surely sexy but don’t forget to be a little soft in between. It adds the romanticism.
- Run fingers through his/her hair when he/she is lying down in your lap. Caress his/her head and tell him/her how lucky you are to have him/her.
- Offer surprise massages when you know he/she has had a tiresome day.
- Hold his/her hand in public and make a place for him/her if the surroundings are crowded.
- Make out with him/her at the places he/she never expected. Let that adrenaline kick in.
- Wake him/her up with tea and a good morning kiss and never go to bed without kissing him/her goodnight.
- Be a man/woman of a golden heart with a wild streak. Let that wildness come out when needed.
- Don’t try to be the dominator always. It is fun loosening up a bit. Let him/her take the lead once in a while.
- Don’t push him/her for anything he/she does not want to do. It should be a mutual consensus relationship.
Teenage Relationship Goals
- Don’t rush into a relationship because of peer pressure or to prove a point. It feels good to be in love only when you want to be in love not when you are forced to be in love.
- You could walk/drive her to school or college. Hold hands while walking, it will make her blush and will develop a connection between you both.
- Hug him/her often. Make it a routine to hug him/her in a special way that differentiates this hug from the hug that you give your regular friends.
- Give each other cute nickname. A nickname could be anything you or he/she is fond of. You could use your names to make it more realistic.
- Take interest in his/her hobbies and try it out with him/her. This makes you both come closer and share a common interest.
- Get along as a couple in parties and events. Don’t be shy to let people know you guys are together.
- Don’t flirt with other people when you are in a committed relationship. If anybody flirts with you, make it a point to let them know you are happily taken.
- Pass notes to each other in between classes. Look at her when he/she isn’t watching. Trust me, he/she knows you are looking at him/her.
- Study together. Help each other make a note and revise. Encourage him/her to participate in all extra-curricular activities. If possible participate with him/her.
- Don’t get too affected by social media. Keep your virtual problems out of your real life. Don’t let the digitization hinder your relationship.
Funny Relationship Goals
- Be a prankster. No relationship is complete without a little fun. Keep pranking him/her in as many new ways as possible. But keep in mind not to hurt his/her sentiments.
- Don’t be ashamed if he/she burps or farts in front of you. He/she trusts you and can be his/her true self in front of you. Do the same. The louder the better.
- Try to have a little healthy competition between the two of you. whether it is an eating competition or folding your laundry competition, no matter who wins, you both will have a good time.
- Don’t feel embarrassed by his/her funny laugh. Laugh harder and let the world know that you love him/her just the way he/she is.
- When he/she is sad, make funny faces, do a little shabby dance and make him/her laugh. Put in all efforts you can to bring a smile on his/her face.
- Share every funny or silly experience with him/her what happened with you. Make him/her a part of your past as well as your present.
- Sing songs in funny voices; alter the lyrics of any song to make it funny. Perform it for him/her.
- Go out often and try new things. Never say no to a new adventure. Be his/her partner in crime always.
- Take Netflix and chill seriously. Get some snacks, a blanket and tuck him/her in with you while watching a movie/show you both agreed on. Agree to watch his/her choice of the movie if you are starting to have an argument over the same.
- Cook for him/her once in a while. Nothing satisfies a person more than a good appetite. Avoid ordering in too often and instead, try new recipes together.
Future Relationship Goals
- Respect and take care of his family in the same way as you take care of your own.
- Don’t focus on winning the argument always. If it is hurting him/her just stop! Being silent speaks louder than a thousand words sometimes.
- Don’t keep dragging in things and people that are gone. Let the past stay in the past and learn to let go.
- Be thankful for everything he/she does for you. Appreciate him/her often and never let him/her feel taken for granted. Recognize all the efforts in the most appropriate manner possible.
- Don’t stop him/her from exploring new things. Be supportive and show trust in his/her choices. Take calculated risks with him/her. Never put a stop to his/her growth.
- Always respect his/her space. Don’t be over sticky. Let him/her thrive as an individual too. Be protective but don’t be too possessive.
- Communicate properly about any and everything that is going to come in front of you sooner or later. Whether it is deciding on how many kids you want to have or what kind of marriage ceremony you are comfortable with. Share your opinion and be clear about it.
- Respect his/her religious, political and spiritual choices. Never try to manipulate him/her to believe in your beliefs. Protecting his/her individuality should be your top concern in a relationship.
- Make his/her your top priority. Think about them before you think about yourself in any situation. Don’t ever be selfish. You both should always work as a team.
- Before judging him/her in any situation, put yourselves in his/her shoes and think from his/her point of view. Don’t blame him/her without knowing a complete truth.
Long Distance Relationship Goals
- Nobody stays far from their loved ones without a strong reason. Be committed to your work as well as your relationship. Don’t let your partner think that you are wasting your time around being apart.
- People in long distance relationships require a little extra amount of patience and faith in each other. Don’t give up every time something goes wrong. Stay true to each other.
- Plan surprise visits on special occasions. Bring them gifts every time you visit them.
- Don’t let the absence of physicality affect your bond. Stay connected through video calls, audio messages and texts. Take complete advantage of the technology that brings you together.
- Don’t try to be too inquisitive. It might feel like you don’t trust them. Let them share their part with you and then you may ask for further details.
- Do sweet little things together like tuning in to the same tv channel to watch a movie. Or to eat the same dish at the same time.
- Falling asleep over a video call has proven to be very effective in keeping long distance relationships together.
- Don’t keep wondering about them the whole time. Enjoy your me time and let them enjoy theirs. This space is very necessary to keep things smooth.
- Know each other’s daily routine and keep track of all the activities that he/she might have in the future. Remind him/her of any upcoming event or a task he/she is supposed to perform. Remember all the details about them.
- Never ever be the weakling holding them back. In order to make this work, you have to be their strength and not their weakness. Be the bolder person to help them grow.
Family Relationship Goals
- Set ground rules that everybody including you can and have to follow. No exceptions, no amendments.
- Eat and pray together always. It develops a healthy lifestyle and helps the children to imbibe good values.
- Spend more time with your family than your friends. Prioritize your family over your friendly get-togethers.
- Make it a point that everybody saves a certain part of their income for betterment and development of the family. This can be used as a reserve for unseen future happenings. This will divide the burden.
- Go on family vacations often. Try to have at least one vacation with your family on a yearly basis.
- Remember the likes and dislikes of each family member in particular. Also, keep a track of anything that a member might be allergic to.
- Develop little traditions of your own like having days in a week where you go out on dinners and movies. Stick to the traditions and keep revising and updating them.
- No matter what age a person is, everybody in the family should feel equally important and loved. Don’t let anybody feel being left out.
- Discuss everything related to the family with all the family members. Have meaningful conversations and take everybody’s opinion into consideration.
- Keep it fun always. Be creative and innovative and involve the whole family in enjoying anything you do.
Best Relationship Goals Quotes
The only key to a successful relationship is never giving up. Sometimes people may go out of their way to keep things going. You won’t even notice and your partner is setting himself/herself up on fire to lighten up your way of darkness. It is important to respect and appreciate each other as individuals as well as a couple. Here are some amazing relationship quotes that will make him/her fall in love with you all over again.
Relationship Goals Quotes For Him
- “Nothing in this world can scare me if I have you by my side.”
- “Being with you makes me explore myself more. You bring out the best in me.”
- “I want to travel the world holding your hand.”
- “I have seen you gloat on my success much more than your own. That is what makes me fall in love with you all over again.”
- “I don’t hesitate anymore in trying anything new as long as I am with you.”
- “You are the man who has made me believe in men again.”
- “Dreams do come true, I know because I found you.”
- “No matter how hectic my day has been, I just can’t sleep without narrating every detail to you.”
- “You are the sun to my shine, the moon to my light. The eyes to my dreams and the flow to my stream.”
Relationship Goals Quotes For Her
- Your love and warmth make me a bigger person every day. You help me notice the good in every bad.
- In a world full of fame and luxuries, I only want you.
- You are the one who knows all my flaws and still thinks I am flawless.
- I could talk to hundreds of people in a day, but nothing compares to the smile you put on my face in a second.
- You are someone who doesn’t let me sleep sad, someone who reminds me of how much you love me, someone who wants to listen to all my lame jokes and laugh hard, and someone who genuinely wants to be with me. You are my someone, my everyone.
- Love is not about who can see yourself with, it is about who you can’t see yourself without.
- We are two imperfect people who are refusing to give up on each other. That is true love.
- A real woman doesn’t help you spend your money, she helps you to make more money.
- I don’t want a relationship based on other people’s opinion. You are my queen, let’s build an empire together.
- You are the one who has healed my past, is making my present better and the one I want to spend my future with.
Why it is Important To Set Relationship Goals?
In an era where virtual technology has advanced so much, relationships have lost their charm. People tend to jump into relationships to enhance their social media image. A relationship is all about two people who are ready to take full responsibility of their own as well as of each other. When hookups and breakups have become a common phenomenon, loyalty is very hard to find and much harder to the harbor. Setting relationship goals gives you a clear pathway and allows the relationship to steer in a smooth direction without diverting elsewhere.
Relationships are not bound to certain criteria. Every couple is unique with their own dynamics. They form a world of their own. And the most interesting thing about a relationship is that the harder you try, more badly you fail. Efforts are surely an important part for anybody to make someone realize their presence. But that is the whole point! You should not MAKE them realize, they should realize it on their own. Because when efforts go one way, two roads part their way. Anything taken for granted will eventually be taken away. So don’t miss out on any chance in expressing your love for someone you never wanna lose.